Collagen Stimulation Therapy™ – Unlocking your Body’s Powers of Rejuvenation
Collagen Stimulation Therapy™ (also known as medical needling) has become very popular recently as we have discovered the enormous benefits of this powerful treatment. Dr Des Fernandes assisted with pioneering this technology and has been using it within his plastic surgery practice for many years. It is a cutting edge treatment that stimulates the skin’s own ability to produce collagen and assist with the body’s natural healing powers. This results driven treatment assists with ageing, sun damage, stretch marks, loose skin, uneven skin tone and dilated capillaries.
Collagen Stimulation Therapy™ is suitable for all skin types and on all parts of the body.
The skin does need to be fully prepared using Environ products and treatments prior to commencing a course of treatments. We can discuss this with you
INCREDIBLE RESULTS NATURALLY
- Incredible changes to the skin without the need for invasive surgery.
- It is a completely natural treatment, using the body’s own powers of rejuvenation, rather than using fillers, Botox or other more invasive techniques
- Not painful – a topical anaesthetic is used prior to the medical needling procedure.
- Although there is some down time, mostly this is short lived, and often clients are able to return to work the day after the treatment.
- Very safe and doesn’t damage the skin
- Can be done on all areas of face and body
- Does not increase your sensitivity to the sun
- The effects of treatment are long lasting. It can take several months for the full extent of new collagen to be formed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will happen during treatment?
During this relatively painless procedure, your therapist will apply a topical anaesthetic and will use a small intrument containing tiny needles* to create thousands of microscopic channels in the lower levels of your skin. This causes a minimal amount of bleeding that stops within minutes. After the treatment your therapist will cleanse your skin and apply nourishing vitamins A and C. You will notice that you look flushed as if you have sunburn, but this will fade over the next 2 or 3 days.
*Needles range from 1mm to 3mm long, depending on the area treating
How does it work?
The body responds to Collagen Stimulation Therapy™ in the same way it would react to an injury. The small amount of bleeding caused during treatment releases powerful growth factors, which are part of a natural healing response, resulting in increased collagen and elastin production
How many treatments will I require?
That depends on the results required, but a course of 6 at intervals of between 3 and 6 weeks is normally recommended. It can take 6 – 9 months to fully see the results due to the renewal process of collagen and elastin. Top up treatments may be required periodically for maintenance.
Are there any possible side effects?
- You may develop a retinoid reaction: Symptoms include dry, sensitive skin with a flushed appearance which is similar to the after-effects of the treatment. This is nothing to worry about, after a few days your skin should return to its usual colour
- If you are prone to getting cold sores you might develop a herpes infection. If this occurs, apply a suitable anti-herpetic preparation such as Zovirax and contact your doctor
- If your skin becomes painful, inflamed and the redness increases, you may have developed an infection. This is extremely unlikely, but you must contact your doctor immediately
- You may develop small white spots on the skin called milia, which you should be able to wipe off with damp cotton wool and Sebuwash. If you cannot remove these then contact your doctor as they might be signs of an infection
Are there any contra-indications?
- Collagen Stimulation Therapy™ is unsuitable if you have any of the following conditions: warts, skin cancer, skin infection, active acne, impetigo, uncontrolled diabetes or psoriasis.
- If you are pregnant you will not be able to have the treatment
- If you are having, or taking, the following you will not be able to have Collagen Stimulation Therapy™: anticoagulants, radiotherapy, chemotherapy or Roaccutane. If you take aspirin, stop 3 days prior to the treatment with doctor’s consent
- Skin that is not thoroughly prepared on Environ skincare
Are there any procedures that I should follow before and after treatment?
See the Before and After Care section
To achieve maximum benefits from Collagen Stimulation Therapy™, it’s important to understand how to prepare your skin before the procedure and also what to expect afterwards.
Applying Environ creams containing vitamins A and C before and after treatment greatly enhances the results, becauset Collagen Stimulation Therapy™ sets up growth ‘factories’ in your skin. The vitamins can be pictured as the workers in these factories and they will continue to benefit your skin for months after the treatment.
Before Collagen Stimulation Therapy™ we recommend that you:
- Build up the the highest levels of Environ vitamins A and C that your skin can tolerate. Your therapist will advice you on how best to do this and what levels are recommended.
- Support your skin from within by taking supplements containing skin nutrients, such as those found in the Advanced Nutrition Programme™ Treatment Support Pack
- Use the Environ Cosmetic Roll-Cit™ and/or Focus-Cit™ before and after having Collagen Stimulation Therapy™. These can be used two days after treatment or as soon your skin feels comfortable, and will ensure that higher doses of the active ingredients penetrate your skin.
- Have Environ Ionzyme DF facials as frequently as possible throughout your course of Collagen Stimulation Therapy™ treatments. These can be done a few days either side of treatment.
- By the evening your skin may feel tight and will look sunburned. This may feel a little uncomfortable but is completely normal.
- Cleanse your face and apply your Environ vitamin A creams
- Avoid any products containing Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) for the first 2 days
- You can wear make-up the day after treatment, but not on the actual day of the procedure. We highly recommend mineral cosmetics by Jane Iredale® as they are free from irritants and kind to the skin
- Don’t take anti-inflammatories (eg ibuprofen) as these will interfere with the healing process.
- Avoid smoking as this floods your skin with free radicals and limits the benefits of the treatment
- Avoid exercise for the first 24 hours as perspiration can cause a stinging sensation. Limit sun exposure for ten days.
- Your skin should return to normal by the third day, although it might still feel dry.
- Continue to apply your vitamin creams regularly to maximise results.
|Consultation, and first treatment||£300|
|Course Price (6 treatments)||£1550|